Sunday, August 9, 2009

it can be done

Even though the thunderstorm ended rather quickly, I stuck it out and worked at home today. With the help of Jenn Grant, Coldplay, Eva Cassidy, and a glass of red wine, I managed to get closer to accomplishing the goals I set out on Friday. I also managed to get the dishes washed, dried, and put away during little breaks. I may need to do a bit of a Stephen Covey refresher soon. He helped me get on track when I did my Master's. He's the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" guy. It's his "First Things First" book that really helped me out. Basically, he's all about creating good habits of mind and keeping your priorities straight. With those two things in mind, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to work at home when there's no real good reason not to work at home. I want to stop making excuses and just do the work!

No comments: