So today was a bit of a struggle. I was all set to go to the library to work, but as soon as I had locked the door behind me, the thunder started to boom, the lightning started to crack, and the rain started to pour. I went back inside, set up my stuff at the kitchen table, and proceeded to stare at the computer for hours. Eventually, recognizing I was going nowhere, I decided to (metaphorically) press ctrl-alt-del and reboot. I moved away from the computer and the stacks of paper, poured a glass of wine and watched C.R.A.Z.Y. By the time the movie was over, I was ready to get back at it. The rain had long since stopped, so I packed up my bag and went straight to Courense, the bakery/cafe at the top of our street. I ordered an Americano (only $1.50!) and proceeded to work for two hours straight. There is no wireless available at Courense, so I actually worked without interruption/distraction! I accomplished a lot in those two hours, and I think I will be able to feed off of that tomorrow. I just hope that Americano doesn't keep me up for the next few hours. I should probably stick to decaf after 5 p.m.!
No comments:
Post a Comment