Thursday, August 11, 2011

thesis challenge: week two

Well, the thesis challenge is off to a good start. I didn't meet my overall goal last week of working five out of seven days, but I did manage to get four out of seven in. Phil and I took a long weekend (Friday-Monday) to meet up with my family in Montreal, so that meant four days away from writing. I did take my stuff with me, planning to work on the bus on Friday and Monday, but without any kind of tray/hard surface to work on, it really wasn't conducive to thesis work. But I can live with that. This week, I am on track with three out of three days logged, and things are moving along nicely. I am in the midst of what is proving to be a challenging chapter, but in the end, I think it will prove to be great material for my discussion chapter. With the thesis work going well, I am spending less time on facebook and twitter, etc. The more productive I am, the less anxious I feel; hence, less of a need to procrastinate. As sad as I am about not teaching this fall, I'm seeing now how well I can work without other significant things occupying my mind. This is the time of year when I usually start revising my course outlines, updating my reading lists, creating new assignments, all of which would take up as much time as I would allow it--and I would allow it to take up all of my time. I really have no excuses now, and I am making the most of it. Perhaps I will soon remove that question mark from the blog title...

1 comment:

Elly said...

Mwahahahahahahaha... Montreal...