Wednesday, August 3, 2011
thesis challenge: day 2
Just a quick post to report success on day 2. I got off to a late start, having spent the afternoon with Phil, but I made the most of the evening and worked straight til midnight with only one break to get something to eat. My friend Brigit gave me great advice a while back and told me to jot down exactly where I am and what needs to happen next when I end each thesis session, in order to make it easier to start the next time. That advice has proven helpful, so no anxiety about where to begin tomorrow! Oh, this was also the second consecutive day that I have worked at home, proving I don't need a coffee shop or bar to get things done. That's a good mental block to get over. Since I won't be teaching in the fall, my wallet will thank me. Thanks for following, and apologies for any typos. This is my first update from my BlackBerry. I'll edit tomorrow if necessary. Good night.
1 comment:
Well done Nance!! i love the 'thesis challege' and I love the goal of 5 days out of 7. It puts too much pressure on yourself to define exactly what you are planning (e.g. number of pages) and the process is a bit more unpredictable than that since a thesis is not a homogeneous beast. Some bits of the thesis are more difficult than others to work through. Lots of hugs and keep up the good work! B xo
Post a Comment