I'm back to teaching! It's just once a week, and it's only a 50-minute class, but it's teaching, and I'm so happy to be back in a classroom. It's a conducting lab for a first-year undergraduate intro to music ed course. It's going really well, and my spirit has been reinvigorated! I'm also
Monday, January 30, 2012
hanging in there
Still writing... Getting closer to finishing every day. Still lots of work to be done, but things keep moving forward, and I don't look like crap anymore. I was really stressed out before Christmas, trying to finish a full draft. I didn't finish, and my world didn't collapse. And so it goes... I've had one "progress meeting" with my supervisor since the semester began, and he's pleased that I continue to make progress and gently pushing me to just get it done. (I think maybe I need more than a gentle push, but he's probably afraid to do that. Probably thinking, "Beware the wrath of Dawe if you push the wrong button!" hahaha--but I'm not as bad as I used to be!) I've started writing once a week with another PhD student in my program. She's in third year, working on a public presentation she has to give at the end of the term (the first official hoop before comps and proposal). That's been going well for both of us. It's amazing how much time you won't waste when you think the person you're working with will judge you if you do!
I'm back to teaching! It's just once a week, and it's only a 50-minute class, but it's teaching, and I'm so happy to be back in a classroom. It's a conducting lab for a first-year undergraduate intro to music ed course. It's going really well, and my spirit has been reinvigorated! I'm alsodoing going to do some yoga and spinning this semester--I find it a struggle to get myself to the gym (truth: I haven't been there yet, but tomorrow's a new day), but I know once I get there, it will be great! Anyway, I don't expect I'll be posting much here this semester. Priorities are thesis, teaching, job application(s), conference proposals, and my new favourite show, Damages (thanks, Netflix). If you follow me on facebook and/or twitter, you'll know how I'm doing. Thanks for reading.
I'm back to teaching! It's just once a week, and it's only a 50-minute class, but it's teaching, and I'm so happy to be back in a classroom. It's a conducting lab for a first-year undergraduate intro to music ed course. It's going really well, and my spirit has been reinvigorated! I'm also
1 comment:
I love your posts! Glad that everything is going. You are teaching!!!!! Yay!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment