Friday, February 19, 2010

saying goodbye to 34

Well, so much for weekly updates! I am writing though. Slowly, but surely, the thesis is coming together. When I started this blog, my goal had been to have a complete draft by tomorrow, the day before my 35th birthday. I have to admit, I am nowhere near accomplishing that goal, but I refuse to beat myself up over it. No point in investing negative energy in that. All I can do is reassess and move forward. The end of June is my target now, with a mid-September defense... and a wedding somewhere in between!

I have taken to using my Slap Chop, and I have to say, it's working out well. If you've seen the infomercial, you may not be surprised to discover that chopping nuts using only one finger is just not a possibility. However, using your hand to press down produces good results. I haven't been doing a lot of cooking this month--not new recipes, anyway--but one that I have made a couple of times already is "Pepita fettucine with spinach and cranberries," which I discovered in my vegan yum yum cookbook. Later, I found the recipe online, in the author's blog as well. It's simply delicious! And very quick and easy to make. Healthy too!

I'm a little glued to Olympic curling and figure skating these days, but finding time to write in between. Those priorities should probably be reversed, I know, especially if I want to finish before another Olympics comes around! This weekend, there are also birthday celebrations. I'm not one to freak out about getting older, but the number 35 is a little alarming. It's going to be a good year though. 35--a good age to get a PhD, a good age to get married. Yay 35!

No comments: