Monday, November 2, 2009

november's here?

It seems that this blog has become more about marveling at the passage of time than about the progress of my thesis. Where did November come from?!? Well, it is indeed here, and with it brings a fair amount of time to dedicate to my writing. My students all started a four-week practicum today. I will have to spend several days doing classroom visits and attending P.D. sessions and meetings, but I will also be able to lock myself in my office for days at a time. I recently bought a mini-fridge for my office, so I can stock up on healthy snacks to get me through the day without having to leave the office. I've also given up my monthly transit pass, which means a 40-minute walk to and from school every day. This will be good cardio activity, and it will help me organize my thoughts--at the beginning of the day--and declutter with my i-pod at the end of the day. If you actually read my blog, it's almost certain that you know me well enough to know that Phil and I got engaged last weekend! Well, that is also certain to have an effect on my thesis productivity. Mostly, it has given me extra incentive to finish the thing!! I want to be done with writing before the wedding, which will be in August. Even before the engagement, I had fallen far away from my goal of a finished draft by February, but I am still working towards of a goal of a finished draft by the end of next term. 2010 will be such a great year--turning 35, finishing my PhD, and marrying Phil!! What more could I want?? (A tenure-track job, perhaps?) Anyway, it is Monday again--on today's menu, a simple Dal (lentils, tomatoes, chilis, garlic, spices, garam masala). Should be delicious! And time to start establishing weekly writing goals again. This week: completion of narrative profile of "Katherine."

No comments: